After the launch of iOS 6 and iPhone 5 this year, it has been reported that the popularity of iPhone has sky rocketed. Many users of iPhone 4s are also getting software upgrades to iOS 6. The iOS6 is packed with 200+ new features making it the most popular software upgrade for iPhone. iPhone has always been the most popular smart phone and its popularity has made developers and programmers to develop thousands of applications making the handset more useful and practical for its users. If you have an idea of an application, here are some reasons why you should choose the iPhone platform:
Why should you prefer iPhone for your application idea?
• Currently in the market there are many brands of smart phones available. The iPhone dominates them all. Approximately 6 million sets of iPhone have been sold until now and the sale hasn’t slowed down. iPhone gives you a tremendous opportunity to market your application idea to millions of users worldwide.
• SDK of iPhone is available for download and any one can create and market their applications on the Apple App Store. This kit provides all the tools necessary for iPhone application development. There are companies who have successfully developed and marketed hundreds of applications for iPhone, and can be hired to develop your idea into an application.
• iPhone applications are popular. iPhone users use these applications to have fun, perform tasks, surf the internet etc. iPhone is not just a phone today, it has become a very important part of its user’s life.These were some of the benefits of why you should choose iPhone platform for your application development. But there are some restrictions put down by Apple for development and running of applications. Here are some restrictions which you should keep in mind before starting on your iPhone application idea.
Restrictions and limitations of iPhone applications
• The most major restriction applied by Apple is that the users cannot run two applications at the same time, no matter how important both applications are. For example, if you are busy in one application and you need to open another application to complete your work, you will have to close the first application and then move on to the next one. This is sometimes frustrating, especially when you are surfing the internet or checking your email, and you receive a call, you will be disconnected from the server if you take the call and will have to sign in again.
• Second limitation is that iPhone does not allow you to run third party applications in the back ground. This means that you are on an application chatting with someone and you receive a call. You will be disconnected from your chat window and shown offline to the other party once you take that call.
• iOS version compatibility issues also arise sometimes. If you develop an application for the iOS 6, you have to put in some extra effort and develop the application so that it would run on the previous versions as well. Although this issue has not been reported too much but still it is a problem for the developers and programmers.
Although these limitations and restrictions are sometimes frustrating but they haven’t effected the sale of the iPhone or its popularity. iPhone still is the leading smart phone in the market capturing almost 30% of the smart phone market. Up until now there are almost 700,000 different iPhone applications available on the internet. We can clearly say that popularity and the benefits of iPhone application development over powers the limitations put forward by Apple.